Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fathers Past & Present

I know that Fathers Day has come and gone, but not so with fatherhood.  We are eternally joined and what a blessing that is in our lives. Some have passed on, others we see daily, and some are busily involved being DADS.  None are perfect, but all are loved. Even though late, I must pay tribute to the many fathers in my life.

"It is a wise father who knows his child. 
But maybe it's a very wise child who takes time to know his father."
-Anonymous

What questions I would ask if I only had moments again with both Grandfathers and my Dad!  It seems time was fleeting, then gone.  What I would give for a few more minutes.  
I miss them!

My Grandfather Phillips and my very young Dad
The 50's were great!

"Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes." 
Gloria Naylor
Grandpa Frank with Bart and Byron, priceless!
Collin, Dad and Benjamin ; )
I always said I would never marry a farmer, a short guy, and live in Idaho......I did all three. Lesson, never say never ; ) Instead I married a handsome intelligent man, who is dedicated, strong, loves his family and his God.  He works very hard at providing for us. He is funny and brave.  My heart goes to mush when I see him kneeling in prayer to our Father in Heaven. He is honest, true to God and would do anything for his children and grandchildren.  He is my BEST FRIEND.  I love you, Bart!
Dad and Collin in China
Ben and Dad with Téa



4th of July
Dad and Roz always share their "B" cake by having birthdays side by side ; )
 Go fish with Roz and Dad
Emily and Dad
 Dad and Em in Bermuda
To the young fathers in our family, thanks for the beautiful gift of grandchildren.  Thanks for loving and caring for your families. We love you each and everyone.


COLLIN
Collin and Josiah
On an adventure.
Then came Simon, robo baby
Webster family in China
Never too early ; )
Then came sweet little Lucy Éve, haven't snuggled this one yet.

BENJAMIN
Life's little miracle....
Téa, Ben, and Avery
"Now this is a family"
Fathers Day or everyday?
Little Toren Chief is the caboose










RICHARD (Roz's husband and friend ; )
Richard and Hailey
Dad is safety in a crowd ; )







 
 Rich and Grant, love Grants determination












Get the feeling they love their dad!

DAVID (Em's husband and friend ; )
Sweet little Henry
Proud of DAD!
Having fun
Hangin with Aidan
A common occurrence at the Francis', check out the smiles ; )
Ahhhh, now these two you notice are trying to fill the shoes of their fathers.  They will find their way with the help and love of dads who are giving their all.  Thanks to all the Fathers in our family.  We love you!
































































1 comment:

  1. What a fun post to read. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete